The Error List displays information about a specific error message. You can
copy the error number or error string text from the Output window. The
error list window includes three components that are:
You can develop applications faster by using the Error List window. For example, you can perform the following tasks:
• Display the errors, warnings, and messages produced while you write code.
• Find syntax errors noted by IntelliSense.
• Find deployment errors, certain Static Analysis errors, and errors detected while applying Enterprise Template policies.
• Double-click any error message entry to open the file where the problem occurs and move to the error location.
• Filter which entries are displayed, and which columns of information appear for each entry.
• Search for specific terms and scope the search to just the current project or document.
An error list window is shown below: