Kushal Tutorials - Document
Kushal Tutorials - Create a New Project in Kushal
In the previous video, you have seen how to create a Database. You will be developing a Contact Management Application in this Section.
Before you design the Kushal application, have a look at the prerequisites.
Prerequisites to Develop a Database Desktop Application
You need to ensure the following things are ready before you start developing an application in Kushal.
• Dot Net Frame Work 3.5 or higher installed on your system.
• Database server or file System is available to connect. For Example,
SQ Lite file is accessible,
Authorized user having access to use MS SQL Server.
- Inno Setup Installation Builder.
- Reporting tool Example: My FYI
- Visual Studio Express 2008 or Higher
Kushal will generate the code in Visual Studio. Output program will be in C SHARP code.
Kushal works with 5 different Popular Databases
- SQL CE
- MS SQL
- My SQL
- MS Access
How to create a New Project in Kushal?
Assuming that you have installed all the required applications, revisit Contact Management Application. Create a new project and provide Display name - Contact Management. Please note that the display name can have spaces while the Project Name cannot. Provide Contact_Management as Project name.
1) Define the Company Name as ABC & Co, or any other of your choice.
2) Keep Version Number as 22.214.171.124
3) The project gets created in C:\Kushal\Contact_Management, that is the
Since this is a simple application you need not select User Management feature.
4) Next, enter database details. You are developing sample application with SQLite Database, so you can select SQLite as database Type.
Kushal automatically creates a multi-file system, you need to provide an extension for the end application data file. Kushal will read Database definition from the original file and further create a copy of it when users create a new file in the end application. In this example, give ACM as the file extension.
5) Save the Project.
In the next Video, you will learn to design Menu and Forms in the Application.