• Maintaining a standard repository of reusable test cases for your application will ensure that most common bugs will be caught more quickly.
• A checklist helps to complete writing test cases quickly for new versions of the application.
• Reusing the test cases help to save money on resources to write repetitive tests.
• Important test cases will be covered always, thereby making it almost impossible to forget.
• The testing checklist can be referred by developers to ensure if the most common issues are fixed in the development phase itself.
Execute these scenarios with different user roles e.g. admin user, guest user etc.
For web applications, these scenarios should be tested on multiple browsers like IE, FF, Chrome, and Safari with versions approved by the client.
Test with different screen resolutions like 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, etc.
An application should be tested on a variety of displays like LCD, CRT, Notebooks, Tablets, and Mobile phones.
Test application on different platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux operating systems etc.
• Forms with various fields
• Application interacts with database
• Various search filter criteria and display results
• Send email functionality
• Data export functionality